Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Welcome to KINDERGARTEN!

I'd like to personally welcome you to Kindergarten.  Kindergarten is hands down one of my favourite ages to teach.  I love being part of your child's first experience in school and making sure that they have a magical time each and every day. This is my lucky 13th year as a teacher and my 6th here at New Brighton.  I have been blessed enough to be here since the opening of New Brighton and I love seeing my past students in the hallway and to watch the children grow from year to year is seriously THE BEST! 

I am so excited to get this year started.  I'd like to give a special thank you to Mrs. Ramos and Mrs. Hughes for taking such good care my Kindergarten friends while I had to be at home taking care of my family.  It was extra special because Mrs. Ramos was actually my student teacher a few years ago, so I knew that the kids were in great hands.  Mrs. Ramos will be joining us at our parent teacher conferences this week so she will be able to answer any questions about your children while I will be able to discuss the future and what you can expect from Kindergarten. Thank you to Mrs Hughes for keeping you all updated on her blog while I was away.  We have lots of fun when we are together and I can't wait to see what adventure this year brings us all. 

If you are new to New Brighton you will need to know that I love to bring the extra sparkle to every day activities.  If you have other children here in New Brighton you may noticed that I changed the colour of my hair to keep you on your toes. :) 

My family and I live in Chestermere with our little puppy Aurora and our cat Luna. I have two kids.  This year, Arianna is in grade 4 and Alexander is in grade 1.  My husband and I just celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary. We love to hike, camp and spend lots of time outside.  Arianna is a singer and a dancer and Alexander loves his sports, especially hockey. When I am not teaching you can normally find me either at the dance studio or hockey rink.