Wednesday, June 9, 2021

167

 In the morning our Rock Star was Nolan.  I love to bike ride and during one trip camping I decided to get rid of my training wheels. Mom and Dad were sitting by the campfire when I decided to teach myself. I went to the top of the hill with my 2-wheeler and used "push, push, pedal" to get going. I made it down to the bottom of the hill on my first try! Everyone was so excited and proud of me. Now that I am comfortable on my 2-wheeler, I like to speed up then hit the brakes and let my tires skid and leave marks on the sidewalk and in my garage. 



In the afternoon our Rock Star was Stephanie. Stephanie likes to climb and explore the hoodoos at Drumheller. She likes to find the different paths and trails at the hoodoos. She also like to collect rocks while hiking.


In the morning we loved playing with chalk to decorate the sidewalk with butterflies and shapes.



In the afternoon we loved observing the caterpillars. We let the remaining caterpillars into the net with lots of new food. We loved watching them move around the net and explore their new habitat. We can't wait to see if and where they attach to make a chrysalis.


Our Super Star Kindergartens have been busy making a video to welcome the new Kindergartens to school next year. We have shared all the things they are going to do and all the things that they need to work on before coming. Check out your famous Kinders by clicking the link below.





** With Covid restrictions in place we are not able to have a graduation celebration.  However,  Mrs. Hughes and I have put together a Farewell with Flair (masks required).  On June 24 class will be dismissed ten-fifteen minutes early for both the AM and PM students.  During this time the children will walk out of the door and down our stairs wearing a graduation hat with music and line up against our classroom wall outside.  One at a time as I say goodbye to your child and connect them with their adult, I will give them each a Kindergarten Graduation certificate and pause for pictures.  We will also have an outdoor Photo Booth to celebrate this huge achievement with your child.  On Google Classroom you will find the virtual ceremony that you can watch with your kinder graduate at home that will also be released on the 24th. Once again this is not an official Graduation Ceremony just an extra wonderful goodbye so your kids get the chance to feel amazing and loved as they move onto grade 1. **