Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Day 9

 **Tomorrow our AM crew will be participating in the Terry Fox Run. After the Terry Fox Run, the Parent Council has provided juice boxes and fruit snack.  If you would not like your child to participate in the snack please let me know and I will just send it home with them. **

Today we did our first page in our Visual Journal book.  Using the different lines that we have learned and some that were new we made a creative page showcasing and practicing all our different lines.



In our workbook, we made pumpkins and vines.


WHO IS MRS. HELLYER?

Since I am getting to know your children I thought that it would be a good idea for you to get to know me.  

I started teaching in 2009, and my specialty is Early Child Education. I'm an NBS OG which means I have been at New Brighton since we opened.  So far I have taught grades one and two at NBS but for the last four years, I've been having lots of fun in Kindergarten with my best teaching buddy Mrs. Hughes. Together we love to bring the magic to Kindergarten while teaching independence, confidence and a love for learning that will burn bright!

I grew up in the Vancouver area but when I was 22 I moved to Calgary for the summer... 18 years later I am still here. If you were doing the math you would learn that next week I am turning 40!?!?! I have been with my husband for 17 years. We have two children Arianna and Alexander, a boxer named Aurora, and two cats Luna and Kobe. Arianna is in grade 5 and absolutely loves to dance.  Alex is in grade two and he is a hockey player.  I spend my hours outside of school at the dance studio and hockey rink.  In the summer I try to camp as much as possible around Alberta and BC.  This year I was lucky enough to camp for 6 weeks with one more trip planned for a weekend in September. 

I LOVE Starbucks, wine and sushi AND my body HATES gluten and dairy. My favourite colour is SPARKLE and I am passionate about teaching through the arts, making the small things extra fun and creating lasting memories whenever I have the chance. However, I have learned that apparently I only document these occasions with myself when I am wearing a jean jacket. :)

I can't wait to learn more about your little one throughout the year.