Thursday, October 13, 2022

Day 26

 In the AM class, we have a mystery.  One of our students brought 21 invitations to school yesterday which means that everyone was invited.  We have two left over that no child has claimed.  If you did not receive one of these invitations please send me an email and I will make sure that one is sent home for your child.  emhellyer@cbe.ab.ca


In Rocking Room 136 we have another mystery.  I have a black H&M sweater size 6-8 with no name.  No one will claim it but it belongs to someone in this room.  If you are missing a black sweater please send me an email and I will make sure it is returned to you. emhellyer@cbe.ab.ca


Today we focused a lot on our Early Years Evaluation.  We did 7 different activities for it. This particular activity is to test their fine motor.  How the kids hold their crayons and how well they colour in the picture is marked. Today we finished off our Fine Motor and Gross Motor activities. 


In the morning we had library and in the afternoon we had music. We also had a Fire Drill which went really well.  After the Fire Drill we played on the playground for our recess. 

We are in search of Pumpkins of all colours, shapes and sizes. If you can donate any pumpkins to our class that would be AMAZING!! Just bring it in when you have a chance.  October 24-31 is going to be full of pumpkin writing, pumpkin math, pumpkin art and pumpkin science.  I will also be looking for volunteers on the 26-27 and the 31st. If you have completed your volunteer clearance and want to come have fun with us in Kindergarten just let me know. 




Today I told the kids that I will sadly be away next week.  I will be flying home to Vancouver this weekend to be with my family but I will be back on Monday, October 24.  Today the AM class was able to meet the sub that will be replacing me and the PM will get to meet her tomorrow. I promised them that she is very nice and a great Kindergarten teacher. 

Also for those that are wondering my dr appointment with my son went very well yesterday the bone has not realigned and it won't until he grows, but he is encouraged by the Xray and although Alex is not healed yet and requires another three weeks of rest he has assured me that he will be good as new-ish.