Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Day 126

 


In the morning our Rock Star was Jack.  This is what he wrote about his special place:

Where is this place? The beach in front of my Grammy and Papa's Beachhouse on Vancouver Island.

Why is it special for you? It was my favourite place and I used to spend a lot of time with my Grandparents there!

What are some of your favourite things to do in this space? Find crabs with my Papa, go swimming, on the kayak, play with the sand toys, and have a picnic!


In the afternoon our Rock Star was Charles. This is what he wrote about his special place:

Where is this place? The Ranch (outside of Sundre). It’s my Nana and Gramps cabin.

Why is it special for you? I love spending time with my family there

What are some of your favourite things to do in this space? To go in the treehouse and throw rocks in the river.

This week we started our targeted reading groups. First thing when the class comes in they are given a learning task at their table and Mrs. Hellyer works with a small group of kids at her table. We have been loving the time together as we learn to read. For the rest of the month each child will learn to read one book. They will learn the skills they need to start to problem solve how to decode words and even work on some important sight words. At the end of the month your child will bring home the book they've been working on so they can read it to you and show off their reading skills. This month we are working on color words as well.




Today we spent a lot of time learning about elephants and more specifically, our foster elephant Rama. We learned that he has something neurologically wrong that stops him from being able to see. He also has bow legs. When he was found they were worried that he was too sick but he is a happy elephant that loves life and everyday he gets better. Rama is three years old and loves to eat grass. He likes to play with his new elephant family in Kenya where he lives.

Here is the link for our Guided Drawing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeAmHyiY6IY













Our school is doing a Spring Flower Fundraiser. I have never purchased the Spring flowers BUT my winter flowers are always gorgeous and I still have one of my planters rocking out and growing like a weed. If you are interested here is the link: