Monday, April 12, 2021

Day 129

This morning our Rock Star was Henry. This is what Henry shared about his favourite place: This place is the field by my house. This place is special for me because I go here with my family almost every day. My favourite thing to do here is ride my scooter on the path. I also like playing with my sister, going on the parks and flying my kite.


In the afternoon our Rock Star was Sam. This is what he shared about his favourite place: Where is this place? Three Valley Gap Why is it special for you? I go to Three Valley Gap and Revelstoke every year with my family.  It’s special because it’s my favourite place to go, it has trains to look at and gardens to visit and a cool ghost town. What are some of your favourite things to do in this space?
We look at trains, go on hikes, visit national parks, and go swimming.


This month we are learning about perseverance.  We read the story, Giraffes Can't Dance.  We learned that perseverance really means trying and trying and not giving up. 


In our journals we wrote about a time where we tried and never gave up.
































We also learned that in nature many things don't give up.  Seeds have to try and try every single day to become a flower.  Sometimes one seed will become a flower before the other seeds but never do the seeds give up.  They just keep trying.


Mrs. Shaw is creative in PE to make sure that we still have fun and interact with our friends while following the Covid guidelines.



Our daily Guided Reading is quickly becoming one of my favourite parts of our day.  I love spending time with the small groups and targeting learning skills and having a little fun with each other.